Saturday, April 08, 2006

Am I nuts?

In 45 minutes a blue van will arrive and haul my children and I to the airport.  There we will meet with sixty one sixth graders from two different schools.  Around 11:00 this evening we will all pile on two separate planes and fly to Washington DC.  Oh my…We should arrive around 7:00 am and immediately set about eating breakfast and sight seeing.  I think we finally get to our hotel around 8 or 9 tomorrow evening.

It’s supposed to be Spring Break.  What on earth was I thinking??   What happened to sleeping in and just hanging out? Sigh...it’s supposed to be educational, so I guess that makes up for it.  (Yeah right!)

Anyways, wish me luck and think good happy thoughts about me. (  I’m bringing the laptop (we’re supposed to have wireless internet access), the big honkin’ camera that I don’t really know how to use, and all the doo dads that go with them.  Hopefully I will be able to update you nightly.  (We’ll see how that goes!)

Well…I guess I should go finish packing!  Some things never change…