Thursday, January 05, 2006

I'm so proud of my girl.

Our Little Mimi had a rough time last night. She was very ill with...shall we just say intestinal problems. Things finally settled down and she fell back to sleep a little after 4:00 this morning. I woke her and kt up at 6:30 for school. I asked Mimi how she was feeling and if she thought she could go to orchestra. The little trooper, just got up, and got ready and headed out the door to catch the bus. I was so impressed.

But then, I got a phone call from KT saying that she had forgotten some very important homework. Not being quite awake yet, I agreed to come bring it to her right away. I met her at the front of the school and was surprised to see Mimi with her all ready to climb in the car and come back home. She laid down, asking me to wake her up in time to go to her own school.

She just wasn't feeling up to it, so I let her sleep all morning. The next thing I knew she was all ready and asking to be brought back to school. And she said she wanted to stay afterwards for Math Club, something she usually tries to wiggle out of.

I am still amazed. And I am very proud of my girl for the choices she made today. Our Little Mimi tends to be a drama queen and tries to get out of most anything she can. Maybe she is just growing up. Regardless, I am so very proud of her.