Sunday, January 01, 2006

I Hate Mornings

There is a special retribution for procrastinators.  Especially for those that wait until the very last moment to take advantage of their insurance benefits.  The people who thought it up must be quite pleased with themselves.  

“Why yes, we still have appointments available” said the oh-so-helpful receptionist. “How does 7:00 AM Friday sound?” This may not sound so bad to some folks, but to me, it sounds like a walking nightmare.  Be up, presentable and fairly cheerful when it’s not quite light out yet? Was she nuts?  Having little choice, I took the appointment…and made one for Shaun at the same time.  As they say, misery loves company and he was nominated.  

(When school is in session, I do get up around 6:00 to make sure KT gets ready for school and to keep her company.  Thankfully, I don’t have to look alive or be too pleasant until around 9:00 though.  That gives me three hours to wake up.   When school is not in session, I tend to revert back to my natural rhythm of being a night owl.  It can make getting up early a bit rough.)

We made it to our appointments and didn’t growl too much at the bouncy health professionals.   (I personally think there must be something wrong with them.) We also ended up going to the dentist as they called us and cheerfully offered us an early appointment.  I think they have some sort of blacklist for those like me.

I’d like to say I will be making our routine appointments early for next year.  But, well, let me get back to you on that…