Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Alien Invasion

Yesterday morning, I noticed that something was different although I couldn’t quite put my finger on it.  Finally, it occurred to me that the sky was brighter than it usually was.  I was a little apprehensive, but not too much.  Shortly after that realization, our sweet puppy, Shelly, started barking like crazy. I assumed she was barking because…well…that’s just what she does.  This time though, the barking just kept going on, much longer than usual.  I thought it might be a good idea to go investigate. When I got to her, I saw the strangest thing.  Something from outside was shooting rays of light in through our window.

Cautiously, I peered out to see what it could be.  I saw the most extraordinary sight.  There, way up in the sky, was a huge sphere of blinding light. This sphere seemed to actually be shoving aside our familiar grey skies and replacing them with a strange shade of blue. I wasn’t quite sure what to make of it.   As I stared up at it in awe, I realized that I was starting to get a sense of well-being.  Could this bright light possibly be shooting down rays of goodness?  I knew then, that it must be from elsewhere…somewhere…OUT THERE.  

When the girls came home, we talked about the alien spaceship observing us from above.  KT told me that it was called a S.U.N.  With a little more probing she informed me that was an acronym for Some Unidentified Neptunium.  I can only assume she learned this in school.  

Later, on the way to basketball practice Mimi looked out the window in amazement.

“Whoa! Look Mama! Is that the Northern Lights?

“No, Sweetheart” I answered, “It’s called the Sunset”

“Oh yeah” was her reply

Wow…I hadn’t realized how much rain we’d had so far…