Monday, December 19, 2005

It's not just me!

I'm not stupid by a long shot, but all things electronic and/or technical confound me.  I haven't a clue how to use the TV remotes (heck, I can never remember which remote goes to what device!), I got ecstatic when I figured out how to program my new coffee pot.
 
So, what made me think that I would be able to figure out this blog thing with little effort? Could it because that everyone from kids to little old ladies can do it? I really, really wanted to do this.  All I wanted to do at first was to know how to put a picture up.  I tried.  I struggled.  I said muttered and sent evil thoughts to my computer, until I finally had to cave in.  I had to ask my not-so-friendly personal computer guru to help me.  

Interestingly, I didn’t hear the usual “I’m not tech support”.  I’m not sure if this was because he felt sorry for me or if he was just tired of the angst coming from my side of the room.  Regardless, I know this is bad, but I’m thrilled to say that he started up with the grumbling about poorly written code and UI as he struggled to figure out how it was supposed to work.  Yea! It’s not just me!!

He finally got it figured out and now I know how to post pictures and do a few other things.  Thank you Mr. Computer Guru!